The weapon is first seen in the episode, "Dust", when Jessica-wanting revenge for her daughter's death-snuck up on Sans, Frisk, Asriel, and Bete at Mettaton's live performance. Jessica, seeing Sans suspending metal beams in the air which, if dropped, would cause chaos, fires the AMR, stripping Sans of his magic. It was also used on Sans a second-time hours later.
- It neutralizes monsters' powers/magic, but it isn't powerful enough to kill them.
- It is very painful to the target.
- It cracks the user's soul because it connects to it in order to use it as a power source.
- The AMR's danger level is 5, which is by far the highest danger level.
- The AMR doesn't have a trigger. Instead, it has a needle.
- A monster cannot use the AMR because the AMR can identify what species the user is.
- The HSO doesn't approve this weapon.
- Jessica's soul had cracked terribly because of it.